This recipe is from BBC Good Food
- 350g/12oz Plain flour
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1tsp Baking powder
- 250g/9oz Butter softened
- 300g/ 10oz Caster sugar
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 4 X 40g Boxes Smarties
Makes: 20 Cookies
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda,baking powder and a pinch of salt into a mixing bowl, then set a side.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, then beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in the sifted dry ingredients to form a stiff dough. I like to add a tube or two of smarties so there’s some in the mixture a swell as on top!
- Roll the fough into 20 balls, then place on ungreased baking trays (i’ve always greased just to make sure they don’t stick), spaced well apart.(WARNING: THE COOKIES WILL EXPAND LOTS, DO NOT PUT CLOSE TOGETHER!!! )
- Press several Smarties into each ball, flattening the ball slightly.
- Bake for 15 minutes until pale golden brown. Even if you think they’re not done, take them out, they harden as they cool and you want chewy cookies! not biscuits 🙂
- Leave on trays 2 minutes and remove to cooling racks to cool completely.
Will keep in an airtight tin for up to 5 days
NUTRITION: PER COOKIE : 253 kcal, protein 3g, carbohydrate 35g, fat 12g, saturated fat 7g, fibre 1g, sugar 22g, salt o.47g.