This recipe is adapted from ‘Veg with an Edge‘. I liked the idea of using frozen bananas in a dessert other than just as ice-cream. I use the same ingredients that she calls for, except I used melted dark chocolate rather than cocoa powder (went to roll the balls in the chocolate and as they were too soft, didn’t really work – so ended up pouring in the melted chocolate and mixing it all together) and also added in a few extras.
- 1 small banana (mine was already frozen)
- 7 Dates
- Tbs Desiccated Coconut
- Tbs Chia seeds
- 2 Tbs Amonds
- Tbs Runny Honey
- Tbs Ground Flaxseeds
- Tbs Soya protein powder
- 1/4 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Large squares of 85% Dark chocolate
- Almond meal/flour for dusting at the end
- Blitz all the ingredients together (except the dark chocolate & almond meal) to form a sort of ‘paste
- Melt the dark chocolate over a bain marie and add to the mix
- Scoop out a Tbs amount and drop into a bowl of the Almond meal, roll around and then drop onto a lined tray/plate to be able to place in the freezer —- I lined a glass Tupperware box with cling film
- Freeze for a few hours, then enjoy!
The chia seed covered one is actually my white chocolate apricot mix… also very yummy!