I was discussing chocolate and baking with a friend the other day, when she suggested these triple chocolate avocado cookies! Katie knew the recipe off the top of her head as she had mad them numerous times post-placement thank-you bakes. So, as I had half an avocado in the fridge that needed using, I decided to give them a go – verdict —- SO GOOD! ….however I feel the have too much sugar to be called ‘healthy’, so will try them again, substituting the caster sugar for apple sauce. Will post how they turn out!
Ingredients (makes 6 generous cookies)
- 1 smallish *ripe* avocado/1/2 large (when it’s mashed you want a generous 1/2 cup)
- 1 large free-range egg
- 1tsp baking soda (bicarbonate of soda)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 handfuls of roughly chopped chocolate (I only put in 1 handful of white chocolate chunks)
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C/350F. Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper and put to one side.
- Mash your avocado and throw it into your mixer with all the other ingredients except for the chocolate chunks.
- Blend with the machine, or go old school with a bowl & wooden spoon. Either way you want to be left with a nice, shiny batter.
- Stir in your chocolate chunks, and scoop the mixture onto your baking tray.
- Bake for 15 – they should have a firm coating, if still wobbly/sticky, leave in for another 3min, but shouldn’t take any longer.
Best eaten fresh out the oven, however my housemates have sang their praises from the fridge 😀