This simple mug cake is for when you get a chocolate craving that needs to be seen to! *Also works well for cake cravings* …. I adapted it from BBC Good Food and it’s the best microwave mug cake yet!
- 4 Tbsp Plain
- 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- 2Tbsp apple sauce
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- 2 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
- Small splash of vanilla
- Optional: 3 Tbsp. chocolate chips
- Optional: 1 teaspoon peanut butter or toffee in the middle (I used toffee in the photos)
- Add dry ingredients to mug, mix well with a fork.
- Add egg, mix thoroughly.
- Pour in milk, oil and vanilla, mix well.
- Add chocolate chips if desired. Push a dollop of peanut butter/toffee/caramel into the centre of the batter if desired.
- Put mug into microwave and cook for 2-3 min
***I have also shared this mix into cupcake liners and baked for a few mins – they turn out great! and are like mini cupcake brownies***